Tuesday 9 March 2010

Having a Black & White Appreciation Moment - 1

Why is Black and White so cool?! Having extolled the virtue of orange in these cold, dark, winter days I think I must be all oranged up because this week I'm really drawn to B and W. I'm embracing black and white before spring starts on March 21st. In the name of research I found myself diverted (as we so easily do on the internet, but that's how we make discoveries ... right? ) I've spent way too long gazing at this image of the Rolling Stones, by David Bailey.  I've a couple of Bailey's exhibition posters from his Barbican Birth of the Cool exhibition about 10 years ago. And they still make me stop and stare. 
If you like Bailey and have a few pounds to treat yourself, get over to Bonhams website fast. They are hosting a selling exhibition of Bailey's photographs of 60's icons.

All images have been chosen for exhibition by the photographer and include the Rolling Stones (above), Jean Shrimpton (pictured on the exhibition poster left), Michael Caine, Andy Warhol and John Lennon. Pure Sixties, Pure Baileyruns at Bonhams, New Bond Street, London runs until April 7th.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.